Sunday, November 22, 2009

Making a difference.

What a crazy couple of weeks! To be honest I was nervous and kind of scared to go on this trip. I was worried about my emotions..would I judge the people I saw? Would I be angry with them? Would my life be affected by the images I was bound to see working in this kind of environment? How would I deal with the the real life issues that many Americans choose to be ignorant of or simply ignore?

While in Mexico it was easy for me to see and emotionally understand the issues of human trafficking in that country. I understand that Human Trafficking happens in other countries whether it be sex trafficking, labor trafficking, or oregon trafficking. I have seen it with my own eyes while over seas and understand that it is blatantly there, there is NO denying it.

I realized that I have this perception. I believe it's the same perception many Americans have on the issue of human trafficking. The perception is that Human Trafficking happens in other countries but not in the United States. That can't be farther from the truth.

I understand it happens here. I did not realize how much and I never expected that I would choose to look for it. I'm scared and nervous of what we will find. The whole reasoning for this documentary is to show people that human trafficking is happening in there own backyard and how they can get involved. I have been struggling with questions like...Who am I to do this? To uncover these issues that has been ignored by the American public? I am one of them. I have been afraid to do something. I see that I am one person and can only do so much which in the grand scheme of the issue is not much. This is the plan of the enemy!

I know God has a purpose for me to be here. I may not see the impact or even understand how I can actually do much, but I know he wants me here. I am passionate about this issue and want to help others ignite their passion for it as well. Even though I am a normal human being I know that Christ will use me to stop this horrific crime. Wether he has a small role for me to play or a large role I will do what ever he asks. I am here...a part of a documentary uncovering the lie that human trafficking does not happen in the United States and that normal people like me can not do anything about it. I am proof that God can use anyone to make a difference in the darkest areas of this world. I am privileged and anyone else who chooses to do His work is as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment