Sunday, November 15, 2009

It takes it out of you

Well this is basically day 3 now. We've been on the road since the 12th though. We've spent the last few days and nights getting interviews with people who've been working closely with drug/sex/slave trafficking a few years back before being reformed. We've been to the Red Zone every day we've been here and i've really given the batteries and charger a workout.
It's been frustrating though. We really hit the ground running. We picked up all our camera gear in LA, and immediately drove down to TJ. I didn't realize there would be microphones sent with the cameras so I was very excited when I saw that our donor had included a small shotgun mic and a lavalier! However, I had no time to check it all out. Well we went to have an interview so I busted out the lavalier mic. But I couldn't figure out how to make the recieved pick up the signal... It wasn't wireless. Haha. So we've been searching for a merchant of xlr cables in TJ. We might be out of luck until we go back to California though. So I'm going to be a little dissapointed with the audio quality of the interviews in Mexico but it'll have to do till we get the right equipment.

- Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment